“Bloggers should create our own set of Achievements”, Loronar wrote in recent comment at The Pink Pigtail Inn.
What a great idea! I thought and started to ponder a bit upon it. Why couldn’t we put up some goals for ourselves – serious and challenging as well as easy and silly ones? It could be about quantity as well as quality and impact.
We could also find up a few titles of our own. The fresh blogger could call himself “The Noticed” after getting his first comment from an unknown reader ever (an epic moment in the life of any blogger, trust me). After you’ve become established and made your first personal appearance in Twisted Nether Blogcast you could proudly introduce yourself as “The Twisted” And if you’ve managed to get noticed and get some link love from Matticus, you’re obviously “The Matticized”.
Here are a few more ideas, some of them connected with titles:
- Get a link in the blogroll from one other blog
- Get a link in the blogroll from 25 other blogs (Title: “The Linked”)
- Get a blogpost cited by WoW-Insider
- Get a request from WoW-Insider to become one of their regular column writers (Title: “The Star Reporter”)
- Get 10, 100 and 1 000 subscribers to your blog feed (yourself not being one of them). (Title at 1 000: “The Bestseller”)
- Make a suggestion at Blog Azeroth which is elected as the Shared topic of the Week
- Write 10 Blog Azeroth Shared topic posts (Title: “The Shared”)
- Get your blog listed at Twisted Nether Wiki.
- Write one post in each of the following genres: List, Angry rant/opinion, Diary/personal, Educational, Humour/Silly. (Title: “The All-rounder”)
- Write a guest post at five other blogs. (Title: “The Generous”)
- Write a blog post in the form of a poem. (Write 10 poetry blogposts and you get the title: "The Poet".)
- Get 1 000 comments on your blog.
- Get 10 negative comments from one single post. (Title: “The Provocative”)
- Go over to self hosting and get a web address of your own. (Title: “The Independent”)
- Write 100, 200, 500 blogposts (Title at 500: "The Chatterbox")
- Get 10, 100, 1 000 unique visitors a day (Title at 1 000: “The Adored”)
- Celebrate 6 months, 1 year and 2 years as a WoW blogger. (2 years gives the title: “The Immortal”)
- Get an invitation to attend Blizzcon for free as a media representative. (Title: "The Bribed" (nooo, just kidding :))
- Get an invitation to participate in a panel at Blizzcon as an expert commenter (Title: “The Blizzed”)
- Appear at the bloggroll of Blessing of Kings. (Title: “The Blessed”)
Have you any further suggestions for blogger achievements? Feel free to share your ideas in a comment! Perhaps we should award certain points to different achievements. And at 1 000 points you get a special greeting and applauses in Twisted Nether Blogcast?
We could also set up a set of achievements to be kept at the Blog Azeroth forum, as a source of inspiration and motivation for any blogger who feel that they’re running empty?
The idea came from Loronar. I’ve developed it a bit further. Now it’s time to turn over the baton to the next runner.